The Medicine Hill-East Paskapoo Area Structure Plan Amendments and land use application was presented to City Council on July 20, 2015. City Council approved the revised Area Structure Plan, with amendments. The approved Area Structure Plan amendments bolster policies to:
- achieve higher design standards,
- incorporate Blackfoot culture,
- construct a regional pathway connection across the Trans-Canada Highway at Bowfort Road and
- construct a pedestrian overpass across the Trans-Canada Highway to Bowness.
Since the approval by Council of the Area Structure Plan and Land Use Amendments in July 2015 for the Trinity development at East Paskapoo Slopes, The City has continued to receive inquiries regarding the status of the development.
At the March 7, 2016 Calgary City Council meeting, Councillors approved the name of Medicine Hill for the development of the Trinity lands.
The applicant has begun site preparation, vegetation clearance and stripping and grading. For further information on site preparation and vegetation clearance, please visit the Trinity Hills website. The City will be working to ensure the trail network on the site remains available and connected for public use during this time.
A letter with attachment was sent to stakeholders on Dec. 17, 2015 outlining updates on the development and the process The City will follow when reviewing applications for development permits and subdivision related to this site. The City ensures development of the site will comply with all approved policies, regulations and conditions.
Medicine Hill Concept Plan
Administration brought the Medicine Hill Concept Plan to Calgary Planning Commission as a discussion item on July 28, 2016. A copy of the Medicine Hill Concept Plan is available here.
The next step is for Trinity to submit Development permits for individual Development cells on the Medicine Hill lands.
The City's Planning department has received several inquiries from members of the public about how they can keep informed as Development Permits come in for this application.
There are several ways you can find out more:
Visit the Trinity Hills website for the latest news.
When Development Permits are submitted:
- View permits using the online map available at calgary.ca/publicnotices
- Make an appointment to view permits or plans by contacting 403-268-5744.
- Contact your Community Association.
- Visit the Development Permit Public Notices page on Calgary.ca, updated every two weeks on Thursday, to see what’s been approved.