On February 13, 2017, the East Village Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) was adopted by Calgary City Council. The East Village ARP, along with the Centre City Guidebook, provides comprehensive land use policies for East Village.
Amendments are proposed for Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 to align with the policy for Centre City and to deliver on the following project objectives to support mixed-use development in East Village:
- Accommodate a wide range of uses to encourage a vibrant and active streetscape.
- Create building form rules focused on achieving:
- A well-defined street wall;
- Ground floor heights that allow for change over time; and
- Building massing that allows for adequate daylight, sky views and privacy.
- Enable larger building massing within the transition area.
- Consider sunlight protection for key open spaces in the plan area.
Proposed amendments to Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 will implement the policy amendments and are scheduled for Public Hearing of Council on March 13, 2017.
Land Use Bylaw Amendments
The Supporting Documents outline a summary of information and a history of the public engagement process that took place during the update of the East Village ARP.
Planner, Community Planning