Engage Report Back – What We Heard
The City appreciates all of the stakeholder and community feedback we received in-person at our June 2016 event and through the online tool. The comment period is now closed. The feedback we recieved is available in the What We Heard report.
Project eUpdate Sign-up
Sign-up for eUpdates to receive updates from The City of Calgary on the Hamptons Golf Course Redevelopment application.
Applicant: QuantumPlace Developments Ltd. (re: Hamptons Golf Club)
Application: Redesignate two areas of golf course land to allow for residential development
Application submission: April 20, 2016
File number: LOC2016-0099
The City of Calgary has received a proposal from QuantumPlace Developments Ltd., representing Hamptons Golf Club, to subdivide and redesignate a portion of the golf course lands to allow for residential development. The proposed outline plan is for 68 Residential – One Dwelling (R-1) lots on two separate sites. Also, proposed as part of this application is a new public park as well as additional private open space.
The proposed land use and outline plan application will also require a minor map amendment to the Crowchild Phase 4 Area Structure Plan.
Hamptons Site Plan Outline (click to see a larger image)
Hamptons Site Plan Outline (click to see a larger image)
- Applicant Public Engagement: June 2015 to April 2016
- Applicant Submission: April 21, 2016
- Online Public Input Survey: Tuesday, June 28
- Public Information Session: Tuesday, June 28
- Circulation of plans to adjacent residents, Hamptons Community Association, and other stakeholders: May 2016
- City of Calgary technical review of the proposed development: On going
- City of Calgary detailed team review sent to applicant: Wednesday July 27, 2016
- Applicant submits amended plans: Friday October 14,2016
- City of Calgary reviews amended plans: Ongoing
- Calgary Planning Commission: To be determined
- Public hearing at City Council: To be determined
The Hamptons Golf Club is proposing to reconfigure their property to accommodate residential development in two areas of the existing course. These development opportunities are to improve the long term viability of the club by generating additional revenue that will allow the course to continue to remain operational.
The proposed intent of the application is to provide residential development that is sensitive to the existing needs of the Hamptons community.
To allow for this development the applicants must follow The City of Calgary Land Use Amendment and Outline Plan application process. All amendments to the Land Use Bylaw are made in accordance with the Province of Alberta Municipal Government Act and give the public an opportunity to provide comment.
*Deadline Extended Citizen Comments Due Monday, July 11, 2016
There are many ways citizens can get involved in the planning process. The City gathers community input and uses this information in our review of the application.
Prior to submission of the application QuantumPlace Developments held three open houses to acknowledge their intent to submit an outline plan application and what they will be proposing.
Residents have the following opportunities to submit feedback on the Hamptons Golf Course outline plan:
Offical City Events
The City hosted a Public Consultation session to gather citizen feedback on the proposed redevelopment of Hamptons Golf Club on Tues, June 28, 2016 at Foothills Alliance Church from 5:30 – 8:30 PM. Almost 500 community members attended the event and provided their insights on the proposed development.
Future events are to be determined. Check this website and be sure to sign up for updates through the Project eUpdates for notification about future events.
Attend the Public Hearing of Council
Anyone wishing to address Council on this matter may do so for a period of five minutes. If you would like to distribute additional material at the meeting, please supply the City Clerk with 35 copies at the time of presentation. Additional material requires the approval of the Mayor before distribution to Members of Council. Please refer to
Communicating with City Council and its Committees for more information or contact the City Clerk at 403-268-5861 if you have further questions.
Contact File Manager
Joshua de Jong, Planner
Contact City Councillor
Joe Magliocca, Ward 2
The City of Calgary’s Planning Process
When The City receives an application to create an outline plan and rezone a property, we generally follow this process:
- Summarized copies of the proposal are provided to property owners whose property is directly beside the site, the local community association, the Ward City Councillor, various City departments and other external agencies (such as utility companies) to gather their input.
- The City reviews the proposal for its urban planning merits and compliance with City plans and policies, including (but not limited to) the Municipal Development Plan.
- If the proposal is not consistent with the area structure plan, City staff undertake an amendment process to accommodate the application. After reviewing the application, City staff prepare a report for the Calgary Planning Commission (CPC) where we make a recommendation to support or refuse the proposal. The CPC is a committee appointed annually by City Council to make recommendations to Council on land use planning matters. The CPC can request changes or forward the report along with their recommendation to City Council. Once the CPC has made a recommendation to City Council, the proposal is advertised for a two week period and then goes to City Council for the final decision.
- Public Hearing of Council: a public hearing will be held by City Council before they make a decision on the proposal. You can speak directly to Council at the hearing, or submit written comments. You will have five minutes to speak, excluding any questions Council members may ask you. Comments should be brief and should address land use planning issues.
- Details about the date and time of the public hearing will be advertised in the Calgary Herald, mailed to property owners whose property is directly beside the site and posted here when they are available.