Apply, pay and manage inspections for home permits online
Residential ePermit makes it faster and easier for registered business customers to apply for home permits, pay for services and manage inspections online.
New features and updates
New features for Residential ePermit were released on June 18, 2016
- New and improved user interface for applying for development permits for single and semi-detached homes.
- Pay for development permits online using up to five different credit cards which can be stored with your user profile.
- We’ve expanded the ability to apply and pay for building permits for basements, additions, and home renovations
On Mobile devices
- Inspections can be booked for all ePermit building permits.
- User interface has been improved including a new calendar design and the ability to see all monthly scheduled inspections.
Award winning program
The Residential ePermit program has recently been awarded the 2016 Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators (CAMA) Award for Innovation in the “Over 100,000 Population” category.
ePermit updates and training videos
View the playlist for all ePermit training videos
Permits currently available online
Registered businesses can apply for the following permit types:
How to join ePermit and apply online
To become an ePermit user, your company will need to:
- Create a City Vista Account
- Select New User and complete the application steps by selecting Building Permits or Development Permits.
Note: If you are apply for a Development Permit for new single or semi-detached homes, please see additional steps below:
Enable direct payment through your credit card
Complete this Automatic Payment Method Form. Submit this form in person or by mail at our Planning Services Counter.
3rd Floor Municipal building
800 Macleod Trail S.E. - map
Planning & Development
PO Box 2100, Station M (#8117)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 2M5
We apologize but email and faxed forms cannot be accepted to ensure credit card security standards are met.
Email ResidentialePermit@calgary.ca once the steps above are completed. You’ll then be able to select Residential ePermit after logging into Vista.