When a contractor completes a successful tender with the City of Calgary, they will receive the Standard General Conditions as part of the contract documents.
What environmental controls are in the Standard General Conditions?
Section 4.35 of the Standard General Controls mandates that for construction projects, the contractor must ensure the appropriate environmental controls are in place to prevent and minimize environmental impact.
Currently, there are 16 environmental clauses in the Standard General Controls, addressing the following:
- Environmental responsibilities
- Training and education
- Erosion and sediment control
- Site drainage and discharge
- Dust control
- Soil conservation and stockpiles
- Tree and plant protection
- Site management
- Waste management
- Spill prevention
- Release reporting and cleanup
- Offsite disposal of excavated soil or material
- Recycled and imported fill
- Vehicle idling reduction
For more information about the Standard General Controls, contact Finance and Supply.
Additionally, view our Contractor Environmental Responsibilities Package and our environmental policy.