Preparing construction procurement documents
The following information is for City project managers and consultants preparing construction procurement documents on behalf of The City of Calgary.
New construction templates
The City has been working with internal and external interested parties to develop and pilot a new suite of construction procurement documents.
As the documents are finalized, we will release samples to the interested parties for information.
Projects currently underway will continue on the old documents, but from this time on, all new projects will be initiated on the new documents shown below.
The first documents released include:
Future construction procurement documents in development include:
- Request for Standing Offer Construction
- Request for Proposals Non-Binding Design/Build Construction
Construction procurement guidance document
Statutory Declaration submitted by contractor for payment
Contractors engaged with The City of Calgary must use the version of the Statutory Declaration form as located in Appendix A of the 2017 Standard General Conditions Construction. The City will not accept other versions of the Statutory Declaration form.
The Statutory Declaration form may be downloaded here: X700 Statutory Declaration Submitted by Contractor for Payment.
Standard general conditions
|Oct. 31, 2022 to present|
|Dec. 1, 2021 to Oct. 31, 2022|
|Sept. 17, 2018 to Nov. 30, 2021|
|Aug. 17, 2017 to Sept. 16, 2018|
|Jan. 2, 2017 to Aug. 17, 2017|
|Sept. 15, 2014 to Dec. 31, 2016|
|Jan. 30, 2013 to Sept. 14, 2014|
|Jan. 1, 2012 to Jan. 29, 2013|
Documents related to City tenders including contract administration forms
To help you cross-reference the new forms to the old forms
2. X711 Notice of Acknowledgement of Prime Contractor for Safety Designation
5. X701 Change Order - Cash Allowance or Contingency Allowance
7. X700 Statutory Declaration Submitted by Contractor for Payment
12. Form 1 – Owner’s Notice of Dispute (This external link will direct you to the Government of Alberta Form for Owners to dispute an invoice submitted in relation to a contract governed by the Prompt Payment and Construction Lien Act, R.S.A. 2000, c.P-26.4.)
Contact us for more information about preparing construction procurement documents.