Enjoy a beautiful, productive yard that's easy to maintain and suited to Calgary's unique climate. A YardSmart yard can transform your plants and garden into an inviting landscape that will be an inspiration to your neighbours.
Plus, less watering, less weeding and less fertilizing means you have more time to enjoy your yard and more savings on your water bill.
Start building your YardSmart yard today
Introductory Gardening Course
Want some tips and tricks to increase success in your yard?
Have your gardening questions answered and learn the basics for beautiful landscaping in Calgarys specific climate at a free Beauty on a Budget class, presented in partnership with The Calgary Horticultural Society.
Click on the location below to register or call 403-287-3469.
- McKenzie Towne - Sunday, February 26, 1:30 - 3:30 P.M.
- Ramsay - Tuesday, March 2, 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.
- Falconridge/Castleridge - Monday, March 6, 7:00 - 9:00 P.M
- Mid-Sun - Sunday, March 12, 2:00 - 4:00 P.M.
- Bonavista Downs - Wednesday, March 14, 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.
- Scenic Acres - Sunday, March 19, 1:00 - 3:00 P.M.
- Coventry Hills - Sunday, April 9, 2:00 - 4:00 P.M.
- Banff Trail - Monday, May 8, 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.
- Rosscarrock - Tuesday, May 9, 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.
Give your yard and garden a new life
"Really, it's common sense gardening," according to Kath Smyth, horticulturist for the Calgary Horticultural Society, who along with volunteers from the Calgary Horticultural Society, created a YardSmart transformation in one day.
You can also get many great tips by viewing Calgary Park's series of Healthy Yard Videos.
Learn more by watching our YardSmart transformation videos