Share this page Print

TIPP - Changing banks or bank accounts

Current TIPP participants

If you currently pay your property tax through the Tax Instalment Payment Plan (TIPP) and need to change your banking information, please advise Tax Services, no later than the 22nd of the month prior to the next scheduled withdrawal to allow sufficient time for processing. Bank account information change requests received after the 22nd of the month will be processed after the upcoming withdrawal.

If you have missed the 22nd of the month deadline to change your banking information, your old bank account will be debited for the next instalment. If that payment is returned by your bank, any resulting service charge(s) will apply. You will be required to pay the missed instalment plus any applicable service charge(s).

Own more than one property or a condo? If you own more than one property or a condo with titled parking stall(s) or titled storage unit(s), be sure to include each account in your banking information change request.​

Change banking information

To fill out our secure online form, you will need:

  • roll number(s),
  • property address(es), and
  • new and old banking information.

Change TIPP banking information

Can’t find your roll number? Contact Property Tax to request your roll number before completing the form.

New owners of a property

If you have recently purchased a property and the previous owner was paying by instalment, please do not submit a request to change the banking information.

You must request an agreement to join TIPP.

Related links

Property tax - Includes important dates, account information, tax rates and where your taxes go.

Property tax payment - Options to pay through your bank or directly to The City.

Property Tax Assistance Program - Assistance for low-income homeowners, regardless of age.

Alberta Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program - Eligible senior homeowners can defer property taxes through a home equity loan with the Alberta government.

Contact Tax