Druh Farrell is a born-and-raised Calgarian and a long-time resident of Ward 7. Druh’s constituents can count on her to make decisions based on social and environmental considerations, as well as economic outcomes. She supports walkable neighbourhoods, accessible public transit, strong communities, and self-supporting growth – initiatives that help communities respond to change with resiliency and foresight.
Druh brings a depth of experience to Calgary City Council. As a champion of livable neighbourhoods and sustainable, fiscally responsible development, she combines long-term vision with the tenacity to get things done. Some of her many accomplishments during her years on Council include:
- Blue Cart curbside recycling
- More and better transit for Ward 7, including support for safety reviews and new LRT stations design standards
- Calgary Planning Commission member for 9 years
- Calgary Homeless Foundation member and founding member of the Committee to End Homelessness
- Calgary Public Library Board member and Chair of the New Central Library Committee
- Quality infrastructure along our celebrated Bow River, including the Peace Bridge, Memorial Drive Landscape of Memory, Poppy Plaza, and RiverWalk
- Arts and culture champion, including the Calgary Heritage Strategy, Calgary’s Civic Arts Policy, the Grand Theatre, and Calgary’s privately funded Poet Laureate position
- Advocate for city-changing and internationally recognized projects such as the TELUS Sky tower and The Bow tower
Prior to being first elected to Council in 2001, Druh had experience as an entrepreneur, a community advocate and a volunteer. Druh’s pre-Council experience includes:
- Owner and operator of a successful manufacturing and export business for 14 years
- Kensington Business Revitalization Zone Manager
- Founder of the Inner City Coalition
- Outreach and Planning Coordinator for the Hillhurst Sunnyside Community Association
- Co-founder of the Eau Claire Community Association
- Chair of the Hillhurst Sunnyside Planning Committee
“Calgarians may never fully know the difference [Druh Farrell] has made here.” Brent Toderian, President of the Council for Canadian Urbanism, former Vancouver Chief Planner & Calgary Centre City Manager
The Ward 7 office
Druh Farrell and the Ward 7 office team of Carol, Dale, and Romy are always working hard for you! Please give us a call at 403-268-2430 or send us an email.
This content represents the personal views and opinions of the Ward Councillor and should not be taken as a statement of policy of The City of Calgary. The inclusion of any external content does not imply endorsement by The City of Calgary.