Share this page Print

Set up a new water account

Want to set up or move your residential or commercial water and sanitary storm sewer accounts? The ENMAX Customer Care Centre handles account billing and maintenance for Water Services and Waste and Recycling Services.

To open or adjust an account for water and sewer service, please contact the ENMAX Customer Care Centre (403-310-2010) with the following information:

  • Your name, as it appears in the statement
  • Service address (both old and new, if moving between locations)
  • Account number, if available
  • Forwarding address, if you are leaving Calgary or discontinuing service.

New accounts - what you need to know

Water Meters
New accounts will be automatically set up as metered accounts. Accounts being moved from one address to another will be set up as metered accounts, regardless of whether they were previously flat-rate or metered accounts at the old address. This action is part of the universal water metering strategy adopted by City Council.

Residential customers who have not had an account with the City of Calgary for 12 months or more, might need to provide additional information and a deposit may be required. Commercial customers who have not had an account for 24 months or more will be subject to the same conditions.

Account Access
Only the person whose name is on the account can make account changes and inquiries. No changes can be made on behalf of another person. You may add someone else's name (i.e. a roommate's name, spouses name) on your account. Once the name is on the account, that party may make inquiries of any sort. It is useful if the person you add to your account is also the person you would like to have listed as an alternate contact, to be contacted if an urgent situation or emergency should occur.

Application Fee
All new accounts will be subject to a $10.00 application fee.

All information provided to the ENMAX Customer Care Centre is protected under the Freedom of Information Protection Act (FOIP).

Contact the ENMAX Customer Care Centre online or at 403-310-2010.