Victim resources - Assault, harassment and threats
No one has the right to harm you or cause you to live in fear. Physical assault, harassment and threats are criminal actions - if you've suffered any of these, please report it to the police.
Connect (Family & Sexual Abuse Network)
24-hour crisis line: 403-237-5888 or toll-free 1-877-237-5888
- One phone call connects you to Calgary’s network of services and support.
- Provides access to comprehensive services and support for those impacted by domestic violence, sexual violence and sexual abuse.
Alberta Government Family Violence Supports
Toll-free Family Violence Info Line: 310-1818 (call or text)
- Find supports and financial help for helping you find safety and get set up – including getting help with costs to leave.
Counselling resources for adults
The Distress Center
24-hour crisis line: 403-266-HELP (4357)
- 24-hour information and support.
- Access to free counseling services for individuals, groups and families.
Calgary Counselling Centre
Telephone: 403-691-5991 (business hours)
- Long term counseling for individuals, families or couples.
Eastside Family Counseling Centre
24-hour crisis line: 403-269-9699
Address: 255, 495 36 St. N.E., Northgate Mall
- No fee - immediate walk-in counseling for youth, individuals and families.
- Monday to Thursday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., Friday 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association
- Professional, culturally-sensitive counselling for immigrant women and their families who are experiencing transition challenges, relationship problems, abuse and trauma.
Calgary Seniors' Resource Society - Senior Connect
24-hour seniors' help line: 403-264-7700
- Helps seniors who might be at risk to connect to community support services that help them to live safely and independently in their homes.
Kerby Elder Abuse Line
24-hour crisis line: 403-705-3250
- 24-hour crisis line with access to the Elder Abuse Response Team and Kerby Rotary House Shelter.
Counselling resources for children and youth
Kids Help Phone
24-hour crisis line: 1-800-688-6868
- 24-hour online and counseling available for those 5-20 years old.
24-hour crisis line: 1-403-264-8336 (TEEN)
- 24-hour information and support for teens.
- Peer support 5 - 10 p.m. daily, online or over the phone.
Alberta Children's Hospital - Child Abuse Service
- Treatment for children 0-12 who have been abused or at risk for being abused.
Sherriff King - Safety Planning
24-hour crisis line: 403-266-0707
Bullying Helpline: 1-888-456-2323
Calgary Police Crime Prevention Team
- Crime mapping is available on the CPS homepage. Shows crime data within the last six months in every community of Calgary.
Resources for court appearances
Victim Assistance Support Team - Court Support Program
- Providing information on the criminal justice system; court updates; court orientation and court accompaniment for families of homicide victims, as well as witnesses subpoenaed to testify at preliminary hearings or trial.
Child Witness Court Preparation Court Program
- Providing tools and resources to help children and teens prepare for their day in court.
Calgary Crown Prosecutor’s Office - Public Assistance Unit
- Providing information on court proceedings to victims and witnesses during the Criminal Justice process. We liaise between the witnesses and the crown prosecutors as they are unable to communicate directly.