Calgary Police Service

Report a crime

COVID-19 Update to Online Reporting​

We have increased online reporting capabilities to ensure you are able to get the services you need while practicing safe distancing measures. 

Previous filters have been removed that prevented online reporting of incidents where there was a suspect, CCTV or forensic evidence. We have also expanded our categories, which you will find below. 

For all other property-related offences, please call your local district office. Officers are available to answer questions and take some reports over the phone. 

Call 9-1-1 for crimes in progress, or 403-266-1234 for late reporting of crimes involving violence against people, this includes all forms of abuse, robberies and break and enters in residences.


​​ All traffic collisions must be reported in person at your nearest District Office.

  • If the vehicles are drivable, please call your nearest District Office. A list of locations and phone numbers is available here.
  • If the vehicles are not drivable, please call 403-266-1234. Officers will be dispatched to your location.​ ​


These crimes may require a dispatched call. Please phone the Police non-emergency line (403) 266-1234.

  • Robbery (Theft with violence)
  • House and business break and enters
  • Domestic disputes
  • Theft of a vehicle
  • Any type of fraud resulting in the loss of funds/personal information or property, including fraudulent use of debit or credit cards
  • Incidents that involve lost / stolen citizenship cards, permanent resident cards, immigration documents, government cheques, or cash from the government
  • Incidents involving firearms
  • Stolen property for sale online  such as on Kijiji, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.
  • Stolen or lost Licence plates – (403) 266-1234 to report


If you are seeking information about Mental Health supports, please contact our community partner


  • Theft from vehicle (carprowling) – no limit on value of property
  • Theft of property – no limit on value of property
  • Theft of credit or debit card - regardless of fraudulent use.
  • Mischief to vehicle – such as vandalism, unless there is evidence of a collision such as paint transfer
  • Mischief to property – such as vandalism
  • Lost property – with the exception of government-issued ID such as passports. Please call your local district office to report lost government issued documents. 
  • Attempted stolen vehicle – regardless of damage value
  • Break & enter an unlocked premise – Entry gained by unknown persons to detached garages, secure parkades, vehicle parkades, porches, sheds, storage lockers and laundry rooms. If entry occurs by forced or kicked indoor, or lock cut then report should be reported to 403-266-1234.
  • Theft from a parkade or vehicle parked in a parkade – only if no forced entry, otherwise call 403-266-1234.
  • Theft of mail – including deliveries from postal services such as UPS.

Filing a false police report is a crime.

Note: Please turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.

The Calgary Police Service Citizen Online Police Report System is powered by the Online Citizen Police Reporting system from Coplogic Inc.

Other Reports you can submit online

Submit a tip to Crime Stoppers

Crime Stoppers is a separate entity that takes anonymous tips about criminal activity that is then passed onto the CPS. Report crime anonymously by:

  • TALK: 1-800-222-8477
  • TEXT: TIPS to 274637
  • TYPEReport online

Please note that not all tips submitted to Crimestoppers are investigated.

Submit a Drug Tip

If you have information about a drug house, or people who are selling drugs, you can report this information online.

Please note if you want to remain anonymous, you must submit your information to

Report graffiti or vandalism

If you observe graffiti, please report it by calling 3-1-1.

Please include the location (or closest address), description of the object the graffiti is on and if possible a photo of the graffiti. By reporting graffiti to 311 it ensures that the graffiti will be cleaned up and investigated.




In an emergency always call 911

Non-emergency 403-266-1234