The Calgary Police Service is dedicated to maintaining an open and honest relationship with the media. We have a team of Communication Strategists to work with you to answer your questions and set-up interviews with appropriate subject matter experts.
During office hours
Monday to Friday - 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To ensure we can offer you the best possible service, please submit all media inquiries through the dedicated CPS Media Line at 403-428-7979.
Outside office hours
For ongoing incidents, and out-of-hours inquiries, please call the Duty Inspector at 403-428-2943.
This number should not be used to submit general media requests that do not relate to an ongoing incident.
Please do not submit media requests via e-mail or social media.
All Calgary Police Service news releases are posted on the City of Calgary Newsroom.
Sign up for news releases
Members of the media who wish to receive the latest news releases and media advisories from the Calgary Police Service, are asked to call 403-428-7979.
Requests for statistics
Please check the following section of the Calgary Police Service website for statistics (statistics reference).
If you require more detailed or specific analysis, please submit your request as far in advance of your deadline as possible as detailed breakdowns can take several days to compile.
Calgary Police Service Media Centre
The Calgary Police Service Media Centre can be located at the following address:
5111 47 St. N.E. - view on map
Where possible, we are happy to assist students with requests for interviews (for projects and for publication / broadcast).
To help us assist you, please be prepared with as much detail about your request as possible:
- Research before calling (check out stat page, news releases etc).
- Focus request to ensure we get the right people for you
- Always call the media line at 403-428-7979, open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. A team of Communications Strategists answer this line and we’re happy to help you with your assignments, whenever possible. Please do not use social media or e-mail to submit your request.
- After these hours, if your inquiry is based on an incident currently taking place, you may call the Duty Inspector media line at 403-428-2943. Otherwise, please call the Public Affairs/Media Relations Unit during office hours.
- Requests for statistics may take several days, or even weeks, to compile, depending on the type of request. Get these requests in as soon as possible.
- Please make every effort to attend media availabilities that are scheduled. Officers are not always available to accommodate interviews outside of that time.
- If you’re requesting a ride along, it needs to have a very strong focus and purpose. Several forms and clearances need to be completed before a ride along can occur, including a Police Information Check, so please allow plenty of time for this process.