Submit a Correspondence Unit request
How to Make a Request
The Correspondence Unit is responsible for processing routine requests for occurrence summary reports including collision, reconstruction collision, theft and property damage as well as requests for witness statements, photographs and 911 calls.
- Occurrence Summary Report Request Form. Download the form here.
- Payment in full ($45.00).
- Proof of identification: government-issued photo ID or a photocopy.
- Authorization to release: unless you are named in the report as an involved party or an involved party’s representative, an authorization letter is required. Any form of authorization letter is accepted or use our form template. Authorization to Release.doc. Letters must be dated within 12 months from your request.
- Your insurance company can order a copy of an occurrence summary report on your behalf provided they are named in the report as your insurance company or have a signed authorization to release letter from you.
- Request by mail:
Calgary Police Service
Field Data Unit, Correspondence
#615, 5111 - 47 Street N.E.
Calgary, AB T3J 3R2
- Request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request by phone: 403-428-5922
- Request in person. By appointment only.
Insurance companies requesting a collision report by mail:
It is recommended for companies that frequently order reports to pre-purchase blank forms in bulk and mail in as needed. To order occurrence summary report forms, indicate the number of forms you wish to purchase and provide a contact name and address to mail the order. Enclose your cheque for the amount of forms x $45.00 (including GST) made payable to Calgary Police Service, and mail to the address above.
If your company normally orders individual reports, and we identify your requests are submitted on a regular basis, you will be requested to pre-purchase blank forms; as processing single requests on a regular basis significantly increases our process time.
Due to the increasing number of requests for reports received daily and to ensure a fair and consistent process for all customers, requests are processed in order of date received.
If your company is requesting your documentation be processed outside of our normal mandate, you must provide written correspondence indicating why this request is urgent accompanied by an occurrence summary report form. If approved, your request will be processed within two business days.
Contact the Correspondence Unit for further assistance by calling 403-428-5922 or emailing email@example.com. Customer service hours are Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri 800 am – 3:30 pm and Wed 1000 am – 3:30 pm. Closed all statutory holidays.