Submit a Correspondence Unit request
How to Make a Request
The Correspondence Unit is responsible for processing routine requests for occurrence summary reports including collision, reconstruction collision, theft and property damage as well as requests for witness statements, photographs and 911 calls.
- Payment in full.
- Proof of identification: government-issued photo ID or a photocopy.
- Authorization to release: unless you are named in the report as an involved party or an involved party’s representative, an authorization letter is required. Any form of authorization letter is accepted or use our form template. Authorization to Release.doc. Letters must be dated within 12 months from your request.
- Your insurance company can order a copy of an occurrence summary report on your behalf provided they are named in the report as your insurance company or have a signed authorization to release letter from you.
- Request by mail. You can make a written request by mail to the Correspondence Unit. Include the following:
- Calgary Police Service casefile number
- Your full name and address
- Other parties involved (if available)
- The date and location of occurrence
- Your license plate number and the license plate number(s) of other parties involved (if applicable)
- Enclose a cheque for the $45.00 fee payable to Calgary Police Service and send to:
- Calgary Police Service
Field Data Unit, Correspondence
#615, 5111 - 47 Street N.E.
Calgary, AB T3J 3R2
Insurance companies requesting a collision report by mail:
It is recommended for companies that frequently order reports to pre-purchase blank forms in bulk and mail in as needed. To order occurrence summary report forms, indicate the number of forms you wish to purchase and provide a contact name and address to mail the order. Enclose your cheque for the amount of forms x $45.00 (including GST) made payable to Calgary Police Service, and mail to the address above.
If your company normally orders individual reports, and we identify your requests are submitted on a regular basis, you will be requested to pre-purchase blank forms; as processing single requests on a regular basis significantly increases our process time.
- Request in-person: You can attend the Correspondence Unit in-person to obtain a copy of your report. One piece of government-issued photo ID is required and payment can be made by cash, debit or credit card. It is strongly advised to call ahead to ensure your report is available and to reduce wait time. Contact 403-428-5922 during regular business hours.
- The Correspondence Unit is located at the Calgary Police Service Westwinds Campus, 5111 - 47 Street N.E. Customer service hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (closed all statutory holidays).
Insurance companies requesting a collision report in-person or by courier:
Due to the increasing number of requests for reports received daily and to ensure a fair and consistent process for all customers, requests are processed in order of date received.
Our customer service desk will accept requests and they will be filed and processed by the date received and not while you wait. If your company is requesting your documentation be processed outside of our normal mandate, you must provide written correspondence indicating why this request is urgent accompanied by an occurrence summary report form. If approved, your request will be processed within two business days.
Contact the Correspondence Unit by calling 403-428-5922 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.