Professional Conduct Hearings
Professional Conduct Hearings are held for a variety of professional misconduct under the Police Act and the Police Service Regulation of Alberta. The different misconduct allegations addressed at hearings are defined and described in Section 5 of the Police Service Regulation.
There are four different types of hearings: First Appearance, Appearance, Trial and Decision. Typically, a file will progress through these four different hearing types, but sometimes a trial is not needed or a decision is made at the end of a trial instead of in a separate hearing.
Professional Conduct Hearings for the Next 30 Days
Any changes to Professional Conduct Hearings will be updated Monthly.
COVID -19 protocols are in place. Virtual attendance for the gallery no longer applies.
Updated for for September 1 – September 30, 2021
ANY FORM OR RECORDING EQUIPMENT, CAMERAS AND SHARING OF VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE LINKS ARE PROHIBITED.
The following Professional Conduct Hearings by the Calgary Police Service will be held in public:
September 9, 2021 – 09:30 hrs.
- Insubordination X4, Discreditable Conduct, Corrupt Practice, Deceit – Officer allegedly breached IT policies and provided an inaccurate statement.
September 13, 2021 – 09:30 hrs
- Insubordination X 10, Discreditable Conduct X 14, Neglect of Duty, Various officers allegedly participated in group chat that may be considered harassing and offensive
September 27, 2021 – 13:30 hrs
- Discreditable conduct X 4, Insubordination X 4 – Officers allegedly communicated in an unprofessional manner
September28, 2021 – 09:30 hrs.
- Neglect of Duty, Insubordination, Discreditable Conduct – Officer allegedly engaged in activity not related to duty
September 29, 2021 – 09:30 hrs
- Discreditable conduct X 4, Insubordination X 4 – Officer allegedly communicated in an unprofessional manner
September 30, 2021 – 09:30 hrs
- Insubordination X 2, Neglect of Duty – Officers allegedly did not report evidence and did not follow policy in operation of ICDV
Note that the above information is subject to change
Attending a Hearing
Professional Conduct Hearings are open to the public and media.
If you wish to attend, please note that food and drink is not allowed in the hearing room. Recording devices and cameras are also not permitted.
All hearings are held in the Hearing Room of the Calgary Police Service Headquarters building, located at 5111 47 Street N.E.