Professional Conduct Hearings
Professional Conduct Hearings are held for a variety of professional misconduct under the Police Act and the Police Service Regulation of Alberta. The different misconduct allegations addressed at hearings are defined and described in Section 5 of the Police Service Regulation.
There are four different types of hearings: First Appearance, Appearance, Trial and Decision. Typically, a file will progress through these four different hearing types, but sometimes a trial is not needed or a decision is made at the end of a trial instead of in a separate hearing.
Upcoming Professional Conduct Hearings
Professional Conduct Hearings scheduled within the next 30 days are added to the below table every Wednesday. The information is accurate as of the date it was posted, however last-minute changes can occur and will not be reflected on this webpage until the following week.
Updated for April 14 - May 19, 2021
Limited seating will be available for the public due to COVID-19 preventative measures. Do not attend if you are symptomatic.
April 20, 2021 – 09:30
- Discreditable Conduct, Deceit – Officer allegedly made false claims to insurance provider.
April 26, 2021 – 09:30
- Insubordination X4, Discreditable Conduct, Corrupt Practice, Deceit – Officer allegedly breached IT policies and provided an inaccurate statement
April 28, 2021 – 09:30
- Discreditable conduct X 4, Insubordination X 4 – Officers allegedly communicated in an unprofessional manner.
April 30, 2021 – 09:30
- Insubordination X 10, Discreditable Conduct X 14, Neglect of Duty, Various officers allegedly participated in group chat that may be considered harassing and offensive.
May 18, 2021 – 09:30
- Insubordination X4, Discreditable Conduct X3, Neglect of Duty, Deceit - Officer allegedly failed to follow CPS policies and properly investigate offences.
Attending a Hearing
Professional Conduct Hearings are open to the public and media.
If you wish to attend, please note that food and drink is not allowed in the hearing room. Recording devices and cameras are also not permitted.
All hearings are held in the Hearing Room of the Calgary Police Service Headquarters building, located at 5111 47 Street N.E.