Professional Conduct Hearings
Professional Conduct Hearings are held for a variety of professional misconduct under the Police Act and the Police Service Regulation of Alberta. The different misconduct allegations addressed at hearings are defined and described in Section 5 of the Police Service Regulation.
There are four different types of hearings: First Appearance, Appearance, Trial and Decision. Typically, a file will progress through these four different hearing types, but sometimes a trial is not needed or a decision is made at the end of a trial instead of in a separate hearing.
Professional Conduct Hearings for the Next 30 Days
Any changes to Professional Conduct Hearings will be updated on Wednesdays.
No seating will be available for the public due to COVID-19 preventative measures. Anyone wishing to virtually attend should contact the Professional Standards Section in advance of the appearance date.
Updated for May 26 - June 23, 2021
ANY FORM OR RECORDING EQUIPMENT, CAMERAS AND SHARING OF VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE LINKS ARE PROHIBITED.
The following Professional Conduct Hearings by the Calgary Police Service will be held in public:
May 26, 2021 - 09:30
- Neglect of Duty, Discreditable Conduct, Insubordination, Deceit X 2 – Officer allegedly did not sign required paperwork and misrepresented the date completed.
May 31, 2021 – 09:30
- Discreditable Conduct X 3, Insubordination, Breach of Confidence, Corrupt Practice – Officer allegedly used police resources for personal use, was convicted and incarcerated.
June 1, 2021 – 09:30
- Insubordination X 10, Discreditable Conduct X 14, Neglect of Duty, Various officers allegedly participated in group chat that may be considered harassing and offensive
June 9, 2021 – 09:30
- Discreditable Conduct X 2, Insubordination, Unlawful or Unnecessary Exercise of Authority – Officer allegedly used oppressive or tyrannical conduct towards a subordinate.
June 17, 2021 – 09:30
- Discreditable Conduct, Deceit – Officer allegedly made false claims to insurance provider
June 22, 2021 – 09:30
- Discreditable conduct X 4, Insubordination X 4 – Officers allegedly communicated in an unprofessional manner
Attending a Hearing
Professional Conduct Hearings are open to the public and media.
If you wish to attend, please note that food and drink is not allowed in the hearing room. Recording devices and cameras are also not permitted.
All hearings are held in the Hearing Room of the Calgary Police Service Headquarters building, located at 5111 47 Street N.E.