Professional Conduct Hearings
Professional Conduct Hearings are held for a variety of professional misconduct under the Police Act and the Police Service Regulation of Alberta. The different misconduct allegations addressed at hearings are defined and described in Section 5 of the Police Service Regulation.
There are four different types of hearings: First Appearance, Appearance, Trial and Decision. Typically, a file will progress through these four different hearing types, but sometimes a trial is not needed or a decision is made at the end of a trial instead of in a separate hearing.
Upcoming Professional Conduct Hearings
Professional Conduct Hearings scheduled within the next 30 days are added to the below table every Wednesday. The information is accurate as of the date it was posted, however last-minute changes can occur and will not be reflected on this webpage until the following week.
Updated for November 18 - December 2, 2020
Limited seating will be available for the public due to COVID-19 preventative measures. Do not attend if you are symptomatic.
Tuesday, November 24, 202 at 13:00hrs
- Unlawful or Unnecessary Exercise of Authority X2, Neglect of Duty X2, Insubordination, Discreditable Conduct. – Officers allegedly unlawfully arrested and used excessive force.
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 10:00hrs
- Insubordination X4, Discreditable Conduct, Corrupt Practice, Deceit – Officer allegedly breached IT policies and provided an inaccurate statement.
Monday, November 30, 2020 – 09:30
- Discreditable Conduct X 2, Insubordination – Officer allegedly communicated unprofessionally.
Thursday, December 10, 2020 – 09:30
- Discreditable Conduct X5, Improper Use of Firearms, Unlawful or Unnecessary Exercise of Authority, Neglect of Duty, Insubordination – Officers allegedly used excessive force during a traffic stop.
Thursday, December 10, 2020 – 13:00
- Discreditable Conduct, UUEA, Insubordination – Officers allegedly utilized resources contrary to policy.
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 – 14:00
- Discreditable conduct X 4, Insubordination X 4 – Officers allegedly communicated in an unprofessional manner.
Attending a Hearing
Professional Conduct Hearings are open to the public and media.
If you wish to attend, please note that food and drink is not allowed in the hearing room. Recording devices and cameras are also not permitted.
All hearings are held in the Hearing Room of the Calgary Police Service Headquarters building, located at 5111 47 Street N.E.