As landlord, The City manages approximately 1,000 active leases and licenses of occupation.
When available, ‘for lease’ and ‘for license’ opportunities can be found on our listings page.
Don't see a property listed? Inquire.
If you are interested in leasing or licensing a City property that is not currently listed, submit a Property Leasing and Sales Inquiry through 311. Your inquiry will be processed as follows:
- The property will be circulated through City departments to ensure there is no current municipal need for the property.
- The fair market value of the property will be determined based on highest and best use comparable land sales/rates and approved by the City's Valuation Review Committee.
- Negotiations between The City and you or your representative will take place. Once negotiations are completed, you must sign a proposal letter and return it to The City along with a security deposit.
- Then you will have to submit a Commercial Leasing Form to ensure you qualify financially (credit check).
- The lease will be approved by City Council.
- Finally, your lease will be executed.
For general inquiries, email Leasing@calgary.ca.