As landlord, The City manages approximately 1,000 active leases and licenses of occupation.
When available, ‘for lease’ and ‘for license’ opportunities can be found on our listings page.
You can also subscribe to our real estate newsletter to be notified of opportunities as they arise.
Don't see a property listed? Inquire.
If you are interested in leasing or licensing a City property that is not currently listed, submit a Property Leasing and Sales Inquiry through 311. Your inquiry will be processed as follows:
- The property will be circulated through City departments to ensure there is no current municipal need for the property.
- The fair market value of the property will be determined based on highest and best use comparable land sales/rates and approved by the City's Valuation Review Committee.
- Negotiations between The City and you or your representative will take place. Once negotiations are completed, you must sign a proposal letter and return it to The City along with a security deposit.
- Then you will have to submit a Commercial Leasing Form to ensure you qualify financially (credit check).
- The lease will be approved by City Council.
- Finally, your lease will be executed.
See also frequently asked questions page for Leasing Property Inquiries.
For general inquiries, email Leasing@calgary.ca.