Book a park, pathway or greenspace
1. Check for facility availability
- To check availability for a park, pathway or greenspace, contact Facility Bookings.
- To browse some of the more popular, but not exclusive, parks available for bookings please go to find a park.
- Special event requests are continually in progress and there may be events pending at the time you check for availability.
2. Submit an application
- Fill out the online special event and greenspace application.
- Please read the information privacy statement prior to completing the online application. You will be required to confirm that you have read this agreement as part of your online application submission.
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and must be received a minimum of 8 weeks prior to your planned event to allow for processing and approval.
- If route maps or site layouts are required for your event, you must email or fax these to our Facility Bookings office. When sending us these maps, please refer to and include the event name.
- Once all information (completed application and any maps/layouts) is received and availability is confirmed, your event will be tentatively booked, and you will be contacted for payment of a $26.25 non-refundable administration fee.
- Your application will be sent to the appropriate Parks area office(s) for review. Turn around time can take 6-8 weeks.
3. Your confirmation and payment
- You will be notified once approval/denial is received from the Parks office.
- The event may be subject to various terms and conditions as determined by Parks.
- A permit will be issued listing any conditions of use, including insurance requirements.
- Payment is due a minimum of 14 days prior to your planned event.
Payment options - You can pay for your booking by phone, in person, or by mail. Click here for payment instructions.
Cancellations or amendments
- An administrative fee of $10.00 plus GST will be charged to the renter for any cancellations or amendments made after the permit has been issued. If a cancellation is made any time during the approval process (permit has not yet been issued), no further fees are due and the approval process for your event is cancelled.
- Cancellation or amendment requests must be received by the Facility Bookings office a minimum of seven (7) business days in advance of the rental date. Failure to observe this deadline will result in the renter being charged the full cost of the rental.
- It is strongly suggested that amendments are made with at least 6 - 8 weeks notice due to the potential need for further consideration.
- Payment of the special event administration fee is non-refundable.
- E class playfield fees, if booked for a special event, are non-refundable.
- Inclement weather refunds or credits (rain, snow, sleet or hail) for events other than boot camps/outdoor fitness and applications indicating the event will still proceed regardless of weather, will be processed when the renter contacts Facility Bookings no later than the next business day after the event. Refunds will not be processed after that date.
- Refunds are subject to confirmation from the Parks area office to confirm event did not run due to poor weather.
- Inclement weather refunds are not provided based on predicted weather prior to the day of the event.
- Parks reserves the right to cancel an event if weather conditions provide an unsafe environment or create conditions that can damage the turf. You will be contacted by the Parks foreman or District Supervisor in these instances.