Alert | State of Local Emergency in Effect

City declares State of Local Emergency. Water restrictions and Fire ban in place. Our water is safe to drink.

Water Saving Tips, FAQs, more information
Calgary Police Service

Police Information Checks - outside of Canada


This option is only available if you have previously resided in Calgary or reside in Calgary and are away for an extended period.

Send all the following documents through mail or with your representative. (Hardcopy results will be mailed)

  1. Complete the Consent to Search and Disclosure of personal information form. Please ensure both the front and back (Part 2) are filled out completely and both sides are signed and initialed.

    Please note we are unable to complete a Vulnerable Sector search for anyone residing outside Calgary, you must attend your local RCMP or police detachment. If you reside in Calgary, we will conduct a Vulnerable Sector Search provided the criteria for conducting this search has been met.

    Should you require fingerprinting you will be requested to attend the Calgary Police Service Westwinds location to complete this process.

  2. Notarized Identification: submit a photocopy of 2 pieces of identification. (Must be notarized by a notary public or a police agency)
    • You must provide at least one photo identification such as: Driver’s License, Alberta Photo Identification Card (Issued through Registry Agent Offices), Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Firearms License, Nexus Card, Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card (Federally Issued), Aviation Document Booklet, or Refugee Protection Claimant Document – Certified.
    • Non-photo identification may be one of the following: Provincial Health Care Card, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Immigration Papers, Citizenship Card, or Citizenship Certificate.

  3. Complete the letter of authorization. This letter must be signed and dated and must include your email address. Please note: We cannot disclose results directly to your agency.

  4. Complete the Self Declaration form if you have been fingerprinted in Canada for a criminal conviction in which you have not received a pardon.

  5. Payment in the form of certified cheque or money order in Canadian funds made payable to “Calgary Police Service”. Or have a representative make payment when attending our Calgary Westwinds location.
    • Please see our Cost & Payments page for detailed costs on Outside of Alberta information checks.

Mail or send a representative to:
Calgary Police Service
Police Information Check
Confidential #507
5111 - 47 Street NE
Calgary, Alberta, T3J 3R2


In an emergency always call 911

Non-emergency 403-266-1234