Police Information Checks - outside of Calgary
If you have previously resided in Calgary and now reside elsewhere in Alberta, in another Province or Out of Country and require a Calgary Police Service, Police Information Check; there are two options available:
Obtaining a Police information check by mail
If you would like to receive a Police Information Check by mail, please follow these steps:
- Complete the letter of authorization form. This letter must be signed and dated, and must include your email address.
- Complete the consent to search and disclosure of personal information form. Please ensure both the front and back (Part 2) are filled out completely and both sides are signed and initialed. Please note that we are not able to complete a Vulnerable Sector search for anyone not living in Calgary, you must attend your local police service where you currently reside, for this request.
- Photocopy two pieces of valid government-issued ID. One piece of ID must have a photograph.
You must have one photo identification such as: Driver’s License, Alberta Photo Identification Card (Issued through Registry Agent Offices), Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Firearms License, Nexus Card, Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card (Federally Issued), Aviation Document Booklet, or Refugee Protection Claimant Document – Certified.
Non-photo identification can be one of the following: Provincial Health Care Card, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Immigration Papers, Citizenship Card, or Citizenship Certificate.
Your photocopied identification must be notarized by a Notary Public or verified by a police service with their official stamp.
- Obtain a certified cheque or money order in the amount of $65 Canadian, made payable to "Calgary Police Service". If you live in Alberta, the cost is $55.
- If you have been fingerprinted in Canada for a criminal conviction for which you have not received a pardon, you must include an original set of fingerprints. Fingerprints may be obtained from your local law enforcement agency where you currently reside or you may submit a completed self declaration form.
- Send all of the above to:
Calgary Police Service
Police Information Check Unit #507
5111 47 St. N.E.
T3J 3R2 Canada
Sending a representative to obtain a Police information check
You may appoint a representative who resides in Calgary, to obtain your Police Information Check on your behalf. Please follow these steps:
- Complete all of the documentation outlined in option above and provide your representative with this documentation. Forms must be originals with original signatures of applicant we will not accept faxed, photocopied or emailed forms from the applicant.
- Complete and sign a letter of authorization form giving your representative permission to apply for a Police information check from the Calgary Police Service on your behalf. This letter must include your representative’s name and they must show government photo identification.
- Your representative must apply in person for the Police information check on your behalf. They can only apply at the CPS Westwinds Campus location.
- Your representative must pay for your Police information check on your behalf. The cost is $65 Canadian, which can be paid by AMEX, Visa, MasterCard or Interac/Debit. If you live in Alberta, the cost is $55 Canadian, which can be paid by AMEX, Visa, MasterCard or Interac/Debit.
For both options, you may request up to three original copies of your Police information check for the price indicated. If extra copies are required, please request that in your letter of authorization.
If you should have any further questions, please contact the Police Information Check Unit.