Calgary Police Service


Get updates on changes to City services and closures.

View COVID-19 info and support

Record suspension (pardon) applications

If you're applying for a record suspension (formerly a pardon) from the Parole Board of Canada, you must obtain a local records check from every police jurisdiction in which you have lived for the last five years.

Obtaining a Local Police Records Check

  1. Obtain and complete a Local Police Records Check form from the Record Suspension Application Guide from the Parole Board of Canada.
  2. You have two options in order to request your Local Police Records Check.
    1. visit one of our locations in person with the completed form and two pieces of government-issued identification, one of which must have a photograph.
    2. mail your completed Local Police Records Check form and include two pieces of photocopied valid government issued identification, one of which must a photograph.

You must have one photo identification such as: Driver’s License, Alberta Photo Identification Card (Issued through Registry Agent Offices), Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Firearms License, Nexus Card, Secure Certificate of Indian Status Card (Federally Issued), Aviation Document Booklet, or Refugee Protection Claimant Document – Certified.
Non-photo identification can be one of the following: Provincial Health Care Card, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Immigration Papers, Citizenship Card, or Citizenship Certificate.


The fee for a Local Police Records Check for a record suspension (formerly a pardon) is $70.00 Canadian.

You can pay by debit, AMEX, Visa, and MasterCard if you apply in person. If you mail in your request, payment must be via a certified cheque or money order made to the Calgary Police Service and sent to:

Calgary Police Service
Police Information Check Unit #507
5111 47 St. N.E.
Calgary, Alberta
T3J 3R2 Canada

Upon completion, the Local Police Records Check form will be sent back to you by mail.

More information

For more information, refer to record suspension and clemency and/or contact the Parole Board of Canada at 1-800-874-2652.​


In an emergency always call 911

Non-emergency 403-266-1234