The City of Calgary has approved the Land Use and Outline Plan for Midfield Heights, a development on the 24 acres of land adjacent to 16 Avenue N.E., south of the Winston Golf Club and Fox Hollow Golf Course.
About the Project
The approved Midfield Heights land use and outline plan provides an opportunity to:
- Create an iconic gateway into Calgary along Highway 1 (16 Avenue)
- Promote inclusive and accessible development
- Illustrate The City’s commitment to sustainability, resilience and addressing climate change
- Develop a transit‐supportive development for the MAX Orange bus rapid transit line
- Create broader community benefits through connections with adjacent communities, open spaces and commercial amenities
The site is located on the north side of 16 Avenue N.E. just west of Deerfoot Trail, and serves as an important gateway to the North Hill communities.
It is ideally located close to two golf courses, SAIT, The Calgary Zoo, Peter Lougheed Hospital, Renfrew Athletic Park, downtown and the airport, and is accessible by the MAX Orange BRT line.
Aerial video of the land
For questions regarding the future redevelopment of this site, contact: