Distribution and warehousing
Buying real estate in Calgary gives businesses the regional connectivity, access, safety and service efficiency they need to succeed. With highly integrated transportation and logistics infrastructure, Calgary is a major transportation hub, well-suited to access warehouses and distribute goods. We’re also Western Canada’s biggest inland port and a designated Foreign Trade Zone.
- Rail, transport and highway access
- Access to reliable and available workforce
- Police, street lighting, and other security measures readily available within city limits
- Neighbour with trusted, complementary businesses including Transportation and Logistics
- Cleanly prepared and highly service lots
- We advocate for you with City partners and networks
- We work with you on design and customization
- We help you thrive so Calgary thrives too
Access at Point Trotter and Dufferin North
Point Trotter Industrial Park
Ideal industrial real estate for businesses that need smaller lot sizes, such as wholesale trade, logistics, construction, manufacturing and agri-business. Point Trotter has lots from 1.6 to 5.58 acres, fully serviced and ready for development. Land use is I-G and I-C. Central to S.E. business parks with quick access to highways, airport and rail.
Dufferin North Industrial Park
Customized lot configuration on S.E. Calgary industrial property with medium-sized, fully-serviced parcels. If you need efficient connections to the global supply chain, Dufferin North delivers. It’s just five minutes’ drive to CP Intermodal and 15 minutes to CN intermodal, with easy access to highways and the airport. Total park size is 224 acres.
The Calgary advantage
- Distances from Point Trotter and Dufferin North Industrial Parks:
- Airport: 30 minute drive
- CP Rail: 5 minute drive
- CN Rail: 15 minute drive
- Within one day’s drive, trucks can reach markets of 16 million people in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest.
- Alberta’s transport system brings over $122 billion of province-wide products to international markets each year. Learn more about the logistics and access market in Alberta.
- YYC Calgary International Airport transports 75% of Alberta’s air cargo shipments. Learn more about how we reach regional and global markets.
- Calgary ranks #1 lowest overall taxes and utility costs
The location in Calgary, with close proximity to west coast shipping ports and direct access to an intermodal rail facility allows Canadian Tire to move product efficiently and cost effectively from our suppliers to our stores and customers in Western Canada while maximizing our sustainability efforts.”
- John Salt, Senior Vice President supply chain Canadian Tire Co