How to dispose of vacuum cleaners
Take old and broken vacuums, floor and surface cleaners to an electronics recycling drop-off.
This is for cleaning appliances that have a power cord or runs on a battery/charger.
- Vacuum cleaners – upright, canister, stick, wet-dry, cordless etc.
- Robot vacuums – e.g. Roomba
- Carpet cleaners
- Floor scrubbers and polishers
- Wet-hard floor cleaners
- Robotic pool cleaners
- Steam mops
- Remove any vacuum dust from the cleaner before bringing it to a drop-off location.
- If you take electronics to a landfill and bring other garbage in your load, landfill charges will apply.
- Some restrictions apply. For full details, see Electronics Recycling program.
- Do NOT put electronics in your blue cart as these items can damage the equipment at the recycling facility.
Electronics recycling depots listed below: