How to recycle computers and computer accessories
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, some electronics recycling depots may have either reduced hours or closed until further notice.
Please contact the location directly to confirm hours of operation prior to dropping off your electronics.
Useable computers and accessories
Donate working computers and accessories to local charities:
Old and broken computers
Take old and broken computers and computer accessories to an electronics recycling drop-off.
Acceptable items include:
- Desktop computers and laptops
- Old, used or broken computer monitors
- Computer mouse (mice)
- Computer cables
- Computer speakers
- Some restrictions apply. For full details, see Electronics Recycling program.
- If you take electronics to a landfill and bring other garbage in your load, landfill charges will apply.
- Clear all personal information from electronics prior to dropping off (e.g. wipe hard drives, clear SIM cards etc.)
- Do NOT put electronics in your blue cart as these items can damage the equipment at the recycling facility.
For other options, please visit Alberta Recycling Management Authority for locations.
Electronics recycling depots listed below: