How to dispose of multi-material packaging
Put multi-material packaging in your black cart as garbage.
Some examples of multi-material packaging are:
- Hand pumps (from soap bottles, lotion bottles, spray bottles etc.)
- Chip bags
- Granola bar wrappers and other food wrappers
- Dog food and other pet food bags
- Cookie bags such as Mr. Christie's, Chips Ahoy, and Oreos
- Juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and powder baby milk (baby formula) canisters (paper cylinder package with a metal bottom)
- Pringles chip containers
- Food seals on items like yogurt tubs or peanut butter jars
- Single-use powder packets for items such as hot chocolate, protein powder and tea bags.
- Ground coffee or coffee bean pouches
- Baby food pouches
- Dental floss
- Laminated paper
Why can't these items be recycled?
Mixed packaging or mixed material packaging are often made up of a mix of paper/plastic/foil. As the materials are not easily separated, they are not acceptable for recycling.