How to recycle optical drives and portable hard drives
Take optical drives and portable hard drives to an electronics recycling drop-off. Acceptable items include:
- External hard drives, portable hard drives, flash drives, memory sticks and USB drives (thumb drives)
- Optical drives including CD-ROM drives, CD burners and DVD-ROM drives
- If you take electronics to a landfill and bring other garbage in your load, landfill charges will apply.
- Some restrictions apply. For full details, see Electronics Recycling program.
- Do NOT put electronics in your blue cart as these items can damage equipment at the recycling facility.
Electronics recycling depots listed below: