How to safely dispose of health care chemicals
Safely dispose personal care chemicals for free at a household hazardous waste drop-off site:
- Designated fire station
- City landfill Throw 'n' Go area
- If you bring with other garbage, landfill charges will apply.
Personal care chemicals include:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Rubbing alcohol
- Any container with a hazard symbol on it (flammable, poisonous, etc.)
- Use original containers where possible, or use a sealed, spill-proof container and make sure it is clearly labelled.
- You can bring up to 20 litres of household chemicals per week.
- Never flush chemicals down your toilet, sink or drain as they harm the environment and/or the pipes in your home.
Locations and hours are listed below: