How to recycle digital cameras and camcorders
Usable digital cameras
Donate working digital cameras and camcorders to participating charities. Contact your preferred charity to confirm what type of donations they are accepting. Some options include:
- Diabetes Canada
- Cerebral Palsy
- Goodwill Alberta
- Kidney Clothes
- Calgary Drop In Centre
- Women in Need Society
Unusable digital cameras
Take old and broken cameras to an electronics recycling drop-off.
- Digital cameras, point & shoot cameras
- DSLR cameras
- Camcorders and video cameras
- Security cameras
- Dash cameras and back-up camera systems for vehicles
- Doorbell cameras
- If you take electronics to a landfill and bring other garbage in your load, landfill charges will apply.
- Some restrictions apply. For full details, see Electronics Recycling program.
- Clear all personal information from electronics prior to dropping off (e.g. remove camera memory cards etc.)
- Do NOT put electronics in your blue cart as these items can damage equipment at the recycling facility.
London Drugs locations in Calgary will also accept cameras for recycling.
Electronics recycling depots listed below: