How to safely dispose of gasoline or diesel fuel
Safely dispose gas and diesel for free at a household hazardous waste drop-off location:
- Designated fire hall
- City landfill Throw 'n' Go area
- If you bring with other garbage, landfill charges will apply.
- If you want to keep your fuel container/jerry can, you must dispose of gasoline at a City landfill Throw 'n' Go. This option is not available at fire hall locations.
- Use a sealed, spill-proof container and make sure it is clearly labelled.
- You can bring up to 20 litres of household chemicals per week.
- Never flush gasoline down your toilet, sink or drain as they harm the environment and/or the pipes in your home.
Locations and hours are listed below: