How to recycle glass food jars and bottles
Recycle empty and clean glass food jars and bottles:
- In your blue cart — unbroken and broken glass jars can be placed loose in your blue cart
- At a community recycling depot
- Pickle jars
- Salsa jars
- Jam jars
- Pasta sauce jars
- Olive oil bottles
- Cooking oil (vegetable, grapeseed etc.) and olive oil bottles
- Apple sauce jars
- Remove the metal lids and recycle as a separate item in your blue cart.
- Stickers/labels are ok to leave on the glass jar.
If you live in an apartment, townhouse or other multi-family complex, glass bottles should be accepted in your building's recycling program. If they are not accepted, please contact 311 to report this issue.
Community recycling depot locations listed below: