How to recycle residential solar panels
Take old and broken solar panels to an electronics recycling drop-off.
This includes panels that are:
- Silicon (Monocrystalline & Polycrystalline)
- Thin Film: solar panels with a thin film of photovoltaic material on a substrate such as glass, plastic or metal
- Residential solar panels
- RV solar panels
- Solar panel lights for gardens, posts, fences and pathways
- Some restrictions apply. For full details, see Electronics Recycling program.
- If you take electronics to a landfill and bring other garbage in your load, landfill charges will apply.
- Do NOT put panels in your blue cart as these items can damage the equipment at the recycling facility.
For other options, please visit Alberta Recycling Management Authority for locations.
Electronics recycling depots listed below: