78 Avenue S.E. Underpass project - Oct. 18, 2019
The 78 Avenue S.E. Underpass project and related embankment work in Ogden has been rescheduled due to the challenges and constraints of constructing an embankment in winter.
Starting in 2020:
The 78 Avenue S.E. Underpass project and related embankment work in Ogden has been rescheduled due to the challenges and constraints of constructing an embankment in winter. The City anticipates starting this work in spring 2020, in coordination with other construction projects planned in the area.
In the meantime, The City continues to work with organizations like ENMAX and TELUS to make progress on work required for the eventual construction of the Green Line, as part of Green Line’s Enabling Works program.
The City will continue to update area businesses, residents, and the community as more information becomes available.
- A lot of large trucks hauling gravel to the site
- Trucks will access the construction site from 74 Avenue S.E., 76 Avenue S.E., 78 Avenue S.E. and 80 Avenue S.E.
- Gravel for the berm will be stored in the green space south of 78 Avenue S.E. and will be fenced for the safety of community members and construction crews working on site
- You may experience increased noise, vibrations and dust during work hours, construction crews will continue to use best management practices to mitigate impacts
- Access to the alleyways may be impacted periodically during this work
- Crews will be working 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday to Saturday, weather permitting. Some work may take place on Sundays and holidays if needed.
Categories: Project update