16 Avenue N. Green Line Station
The 16 Avenue N station will be in the community of Crescent Heights and serve as the terminus station for Stage 1. This station will be situated in the middle of the roadway between 16 Avenue N. and 14 Avenue N. Anticipated to be one of the busiest stations on the Green Line, outside of the downtown core, the 16 Avenue N station will be designed as an urban station with heated shelters on a centre-loaded platform in the middle of Centre Street N.
This station will serve the communities of Crescent Heights and Tuxedo Park and is close to numerous stores, services and restaurants along 16 Avenue N and Centre Street N.
Long-term vision for the 16 Avenue N Station
The 16 Avenue N Station within Crescent Heights and Tuxedo Park will provide the opportunity for changes within the neighbourhoods over time. These opportunities include:
- improvements to the streetscape and public realm along Centre Street
- potential catalyst for Transit Oriented Developments (TOD)
This station will be within walking distance of homes and businesses in the area, providing another option for travelling to:
- parks and recreation centres
- retail areas, restaurants and food services
- community resources and job centres in different areas of the city
Connections to other parts of the city
- West and East: This station connects directly with the North Crosstown Bus Rapid Transit route (Max Orange).
- North: 16 Avenue station provides a transfer point to various bus and BRT routes travelling further north through North Central Calgary.