How to recycle cell phones
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, some electronics recycling depots may have reduced hours, temporarily stopped accepting materials or closed until further notice.
Please contact the location directly to confirm hours of operation and if they are accepting items prior to dropping off your electronics.
Usable cell phones
Donate working cell phones and smart phones to local charities.
Old and broken cell phones
Take old and broken cell phones to a local retailer for recycling free-of-charge. Find a list of locations at Call2Recycle.
You can also take cell phones to an electronics recycling drop-off.
- Cell phones, flip phones, phablets and smartphones
- Satellite phones
- If you take electronics to a landfill and bring other garbage in your load, landfill charges will apply.
- Some restrictions apply. For full details, see Electronics Recycling program.
- Delete all personal information from your cell phone before recycling it.
- Do NOT put electronics in your blue cart as these items can damage equipment at the recycling facility.
Electronics recycling depots listed below: