How to recycle cell phones
Usable cell phones
Donate working cell phones and smart phones to local charities.
Old and broken cell phones
Take old and broken cell phones to a local retailer for recycling free-of-charge. Find a list of locations at Call2Recycle.
You can also take cell phones to an electronics recycling drop-off.
- Cell phones, flip phones, phablets and smartphones
- Satellite phones
- If you take electronics to a landfill and bring other garbage in your load, landfill charges will apply.
- Some restrictions apply. For full details, see Electronics Recycling program.
- Delete all personal information from your cell phone before recycling it.
- Do NOT put electronics in your blue cart as these items can damage equipment at the recycling facility.
Electronics recycling depots listed below: