How to safely dispose of automotive chemicals
Safely dispose automotive chemicals for free at a household hazardous waste drop-off location:
- Designated fire hall
- City landfill Throw 'n' Go area
- If you bring with other garbage, landfill charges will apply.
Auto chemicals include:
- Motor oil
- Antifreeze - all types, including RV antifreeze
- Brake fluid
- Engine oil
- Chain oil
- Power steering fluid
- Transmission fluid
- Any container with a hazard symbol on it (flammable, poisonous, etc.) including empty containers.
- Use a sealed, spill-proof container and make sure it is clearly labelled.
- We accept up to 20 litres of household chemicals per week.
- Never flush chemicals down your toilet, sink or drain as they harm the environment and may damage the pipes in your home.
Locations and hours are listed below: