How to dispose of windshield glass
Put properly packaged windshield glass:
- In your black cart as garbage
- Take to a City landfill for disposal. Landfill charges will apply.
- Package glass shards safely by putting the pieces into a puncture-resistant, non-breakable, sealed container (e.g. plastic tub, plastic pail, laundry detergent container etc.)
- Or wrap the glass in two layers of paper and place in a tied bag.
- Label as 'sharps' with a permanent marker and place in your black cart.
Landfill locations listed below: