How to recycle plastic containers
Recycle clean plastic containers (any color) marked with recycling symbol 1-7:
- Place in your blue cart
- Drop off at a community recycling depot for free
What items are plastic containers?
- Liquid detergent and laundry detergent
- Fabric softener
- Body lotion (no tubes)
- Shampoo/conditioner bottles
- Plastic clamshell trays
- Yogurt tubs and drink containers
- Margarine containers
- Hand sanitizer bottles (remove hand pump)
- Wipes containers
- Soap bottles (remove hand pump)
- Cooking oil bottles (canola, vegetable etc.)
- Protein powder containers
- Measuring scoops (recycle separate from container)
Where do I take chemical containers?
If your plastic container has a hazard symbol on it (flammable, poisonous, etc.), please take it to a Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off location.
Community recycling depot locations listed below:
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7