How to dispose of radios and stereos
Usable stereos and radios
Some local charities accept donations at various drop-off locations or offer a free pick-up service.
Old and broken radio and stereos
Take old and broken radios and stereos to an electronics recycling drop-off
- Radios (transistor radios, shortwave radio receivers, satellite radios etc.)
- Cassette players and tape decks
- CD players
- Alarm clocks (clock radios, wall clocks, timers)
- MP3 players and iPods
- Portable tape players and recorders
- Portable two-way radios, walkie talkies and CB radios
- FM transmitters
- Turntables and record players
- Baby monitors
- If you take electronics to a landfill and bring other garbage in your load, landfill charges will apply.
- Some restrictions apply. For full details, see Electronics Recycling program.
- Do NOT put electronics in your blue cart as these items can damage the equipment at the recycling facility.
Electronics recycling depots listed below: