Tennis/Pickleball Court Information
Tennis/Pickleball court information
- Check calgary.ca/liveandplay for availability
Tennis/Pickleball Court Booking Information
- Special Event/Tournament applications may require four to eight weeks for approval.
- The public can use City of Calgary tennis courts for recreation play free of charge, first come, first served, without having to book them.
- Please note that players are limited to 30 minutes of playing time if there are people waiting to play on all City-owned courts.
- All groups who book City courts must leave at least one court vacant at all locations except when booked for approved special event/tournament.
- If a special event/tournament is approved for use of all courts at any location, the group/organizer must post visible signage at the site a minimum of one week prior to the event notifying the public that the courts will not be available for the approved date(s) and time frame(s).
- All groups must carry their permit with them.
- Dogs are not permitted in the tennis courts or surrounding parks area.
- Report any complaints by calling 3-1-1.
- Tennis court rules and regulations
Tennis/Pickleball Court Special Events Application Information
- Special events and tournaments must submit an application. You must indicate on the application that you are holding a tournament or special event.
- Tournament Definition - competition which involves a number of teams and games, with the overall tournament winner determined based on the combined results of these individual or team matches. Tournaments can utilize all courts at one location. A tournament takes place outside of regular league play and has a specific duration of time.
- Special Event Definition - a one-time event outside normal programs or activities of an organization's playing or booking schedule.
- Important Note - the group/organizer must post visible signage at the site a minimum of one week prior to the event notifying the public that the courts will not be available on the approved date(s) and time frame(s).
- Special Events/Tournaments take priority over all other bookings, only if received on Dec. 1, 2022. Applications can still submitted after the deadline (Dec. 1, 2022), however will not be given priority over other bookings.
Tennis/Pickleball Court Payment Information
- Payment for 5 or less dates booked is due immediately.
- Payment for 6 or more dates booked is due 30 days prior to the first booking date.
- Special Event/Tournament –
- A $26.25 non-refundable administration fee is due before sending request to Parks for approval.
- Once you receive your permit, a 25% non-refundable deposit is due
- The balance is then required 30 days prior to the start of the event.
- No Cancellations or Refunds once the permit has been confirmed.
- Payment options - You can pay for your booking online or by phone. Click here for payment instructions.
Tennis/Pickleball Court Cancellation Policies
- Please review our standard cancellation & amendment policies that apply to all bookings.
- You can cancel or change your booking using the amendment app or by contacting Facility Bookings.
- Additional Cancellation & Amendment Notes:
- Cancellations or amendments must be received by Facility Bookings a minimum of 30 business days in advance of the rental date.
- No Cancellations or Refunds once a Special Event/Tournament permit has been confirmed.
- Effective January 1, 2023, booking appointments will no longer be re-scheduled due to Inclement weather and no refunds will be issued.