Arenas, Athletic Parks and Soccer Centre careers
If you like a physical job that involves working outdoors or maintaining ice surfaces in an arena, consider a job in our Arenas, Athletic Parks, and Soccer Centre.
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Flexible hours (daytime, evenings and weekend hours available)
- Opportunities for advancement and other lines of work
- A fun and friendly atmosphere
Our staff are responsible for making sure our public arenas, athletic parks and Soccer Centre are well-kept and in great shape. This position works indoors and outdoors year-round preparing the facilities and amenities
Our staff begin as a Recreation Labourers – the equivalent of an Field Attendant at other organizations.
Once minimum qualifications and experience requirements are met, employees may move up to Arena Athletic Park Attendants and Soccer Centre Attendants.
These positions are physically demanding and involve prolonged periods of standing during shifts ranging from 2 to 9.5 hours.
Courses and certifications
Valid class 5 drivers license
Required for all positions
Union: CUPE Local 37
Position Type: Temporary Part-Time
Hours of work: Can vary from season to season
Compensation: $27.42 - $30.36/per hour
Days of Work: Operating hours are 7 days a week
We hire year-round for this position. The hiring process may take up to 4 weeks.
You will be required to provide the following:
- Current Standard First Aid from an Alberta OHS approved provider
- Current CPR C/AED current within 12 months from an Alberta OHS approved provider
- 3 year Driver’s Abstract showing valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and no more than 6 demerits
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector Search current within 12 months
You will also be required to obtain a City Operator’s Permit and pass a Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Our application and interview information can help prepare you for the application process.