Pensions and retirement
Find information about your pension plan that is specific to you as an employee of The City of Calgary. Learn about participating in a pension plan, retiree benefits and pension options.
- Pension Information Package aims to improve awareness and clarity about The City’s pension and retirement arrangements with citizens. The information package answers several common questions we’ve received from Calgarians
- Retirement process & retiree benefits information on the retirement process
Pension plans for City employees
In this section
- Local Authorities Pension Plan
- Supplementary Pension Plan and OverCap Pension Plan
- Special Forces Pension Plan
- Calgary Firefighters Supplementary Pension Plan
- Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security
Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
Learn about your LAPP pension and pension options at an upcoming pension information session.
Supplementary Pension Plan (SPP) and OverCap Pension Plan (OCPP)
|Aon in Calgary||Phone: 1-866-831-0111|
|HR Support Services||Phone: (403) 268-5800|
OCPP and SPP online pension tool get pension estimates and view information about your pension
Special Forces Pension Plan (SFPP) Police Uniformed
Website: Special Forces Pension Plan
Calgary Firefighters Supplementary Pension Plan (FSPP)
Phone: 1-877-351-5911 (Morneau Shepell)
Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security
Visit Service Canada to learn how income from other programs such as the Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security may affect your income and influence the choice you make under your City pension.
HR Support Services
Speak to an HR Support representative for help with questions about recruitment, benefits, pensions and personal information changes.
Alberta Pension Services (APS)
Employees can book a one-on-one meeting any time time with a representative from Alberta Pension Services (APS).
Please note: should any questions arise about the interpretation or administration of benefit/pension plans referred to in your booklet, the official plan document will govern in all cases.