What can I improve with the Enhanced Landscape Maintenance program
When you begin the petitioning to become an Enhanced Landscape Maintenance (ELM) community, the activities outlined in the petition are the activities that can be enhanced with the operating grant and special tax levy.
ELM program funds can enhance or improve a number of activities:
- Litter control
- Curb sweeping/spring cleanup/fall cleanup
- Shrub bed and tree well maintenance
- Flower bed installation and maintenance
What isn’t covered under ELM?
- Infrastructure enhancement or maintenance (e.g. community entrance signage, pathways, transit buildings/shelters, playgrounds)
- Any private land enhancements – including tree planting (only public lands and assets may benefit from this funding)
We provide services beyond the standard service levels and the ELM program based on need and assessment. These services are provided at municipal standards, by our employees under our standing policies and procedures subject to under Federal, Provincial and Municipal agreements.
These may include: