How Would You Allocate $52 Million?
The City of Calgary needs to decide what to do with $52 million dollars due to the Provincial Government's choice to reduce education tax for 2013. City Council wants your opinion on five options. Let Council know what YOU think!
- Give it back - Lowering the taxes that homeowners pay
- Let the buses roll - Creating a new dedicated capital fund for Calgary Transit
- Give business a break - Reducing the tax rate for businesses
- Revitalize our communities - Investing in maintenance and renewal of older neighbourhoods
- Drop the debt - Reducing the City's debt and our annual interest payments
I have always advocated for giving this money back to taxpayers, but am very interested to hear what Ward 14 residents think. Visit calgary.ca/52million to have your say.
Thank you to the thousands of Calgarians who submitted their feedback on the five options for what to do with the $52 million.
All your feedback will now be collated verbatim and shared with the rest of Council and I. The feedback will also be posted on the calgary.ca/52million website the second week of July.