COVID-19 Health and Safety – Calgary AfterSchool
Stay home and away from others
- If you’re showing symptoms or feeling unwell
- If you have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- If you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive or are waiting for test results for COVID-19
- Voluntary forms will be made available during the first class.
- In the event that a presumptive/probable case of COVID-19 is identified in a class, these participants may be contacted by AHS.
- All completed forms are kept confidential.
How we’re keeping you safe
- Making sure our facilities align with provincial guidelines
- Cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas (e.g. doors, washrooms, etc.)
- Providing access to hand sanitizer and hand wash stations
- Having staff wear face coverings if first aid is required
- Limiting the number of children allowed in each program to support physical distancing
- Staff will ensure children are practicing physical distancing (2 metres or 6 feet apart) as much as possible
- Each site will have a designated space for isolation if presumptive/probable cases of COVID-19 are identified
- Staff will conduct non-contact symptom screening for your child at drop-off as well as throughout the day. Parents/guardians will be contact immediately to arrange for the child to leave the program and/or make arrangements for pick up.pick should your child show signs of illness.
How you and your group can keep safe
- Don’t share food, drinks or water with other children
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before, during and after your activity
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face
- Cover coughs and sneezes in a tissue or your elbow
- Practice physical distancing (2 metres or 6 feet apart if possible) and limit physical contact; no close contact huddles, no handshakes or high fives