Outdoor skating rinks
Outdoor skating rinks in Calgary are weather dependent and are typically open mid to late December through February, except for Olympic Plaza which is a refrigerated ice surface and is generally open from mid-November to mid-March.
Ice conditions change with the weather and rinks may close if conditions deteriorate or maintenance is required. Please see in-park signage for closures due to unsuitable conditions or maintenance.
The following outdoor skating rinks are maintained by The City:
- Big Marlborough Park - CLOSED for the 2019/2020 season
- Bowness Park Lagoon (rentals available) - CLOSED for the 2019/2020 season
- Carburn Park - CLOSED for the 2019/2020 season
- Olympic Plaza (rentals available) - CLOSED for the 2019/2020 season
- Prairie Winds Park (two rinks)
- North rink - CLOSED for the 2019/2020 season
- South rink (in tennis court), pleasure skating only - CLOSED for the 2019/2020 season
- Prince's Island Lagoon - CLOSED for the 2019/2020 season
- Thomson Family Park - CLOSED for the 2019/2020 season
City-maintained outdoor rinks are free to use and are flooded as needed during low usage hours. Please stay off the ice while it is being cleaned or cleared of snow. Hockey sticks/nets are not permitted and helmets are strongly recommended.
There are over 35 outdoor rinks throughout Calgary that are maintained on a volunteer basis through the Adopt-a-Rink program. Visit Adopt-a-Rink for more information and rink locations.
Outdoor community skating rinks
There are numerous outdoor skating rinks that are in the communities and maintained by community volunteers. Visit the community website directly to see if they have an outdoor skating rink.