South Glenmore Park - proposed bike skills park
We are looking for your input on a proposed bike skills park in South Glenmore Park. The park would be funded and constructed by Parks Foundation Calgary, and maintained by Calgary Mountain Bike Alliance. The City hosted an engagement session March 21 at the Oakridge Community Association.
You can provide your input by filling out the online survey.
Parks Foundation Calgary, in partnership with The City of Calgary and Calgary Mountain Bike Alliance, are proposing the development of a new bike skills park in South Glenmore Park.
- The bike skills park will provide a recreational opportunity that includes a bike track, flow trails, skills tracks and pump tracks to build and improve bike skills.
- The bike skills park is intended for people of all ages and abilities, from a toddler on a balance bike to intermediate teen and adult riders, and is free of charge.
- Winter 2019: Public Engagement
- Late spring 2019: Biophysical Impact Assessment completed
- Spring/Summer 2019: Historical Resource Act approvals
- Summer 2019: Construction begins
- Early fall 2019: Construction complete
The location of the proposed bike skills park is between the Glenmore Reservoir and 90 Avenue S.W., just to the north east of the polo field.
The exact location of the park might shift slightly within the area, depending on the outcomes of a Biophysical Impact Assessment study and Historic Resource Act approvals.
Dowload South Glenmore Park bike skills park site map.