Wading pools, spray parks and outdoor pools
Beat the heat and enjoy the summer weather in Calgary by visiting one of our many wading pools, spray parks and outdoor pools around the city. Spray parks, wading pools and outdoor pools are typically open from mid June until fall (weather dependent). Aquatic wheelchairs are now available at some spray parks.
Wading pools and spray parks are not available to be booked.
All spray parks / splash pads / wading pools are now closed for the season
The listed wading pools are run by The City. For community wading pools, please contact the Community Association directly. Wading pools operated by The City are un-guarded facilities open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The listed spray parks are run by The City. For community spray parks, please contact the Community Association directly. Spray parks operated by The City are un-guarded facilities open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- West Confederation Park - 2020 Chicoutimi DR N.W., parking lot located off 19 St. & Chicoutimi Dr. N.W. - Closed
- Eau Claire Plaza/Barclay Mall - 105 Barclay Parade S.W. - Closed
- Prairie Winds Park - 223 Castleridge Blvd. N.E. - Closed
- Rotary Park - 617 1 St. N.E. - Closed
- South Glenmore Park (Variety Park) - 90 Ave. & 24 St. S.W. - Closed
- Valleyview Park - 28 St. & 30 Ave. S.E. - Closed
Outdoor pools in Calgary
Hours of operation vary by location and may be affected by inclement weather. Outdoor pools are independently managed by Calgary Outdoor Swimming Pools Association. Please contact the individual pools for more information on operating hours.
- Bowview Outdoor Pool - 1910 6 Ave. N.W.
- Forest Lawn Outdoor Pool - 1706 39 St. S.E.
- Highwood Outdoor Pool - 25 Holmwood Ave. N.W. - Closed for renovation. Expected reopening in 2020. Learn more.
- Millican-Ogden Outdoor Pool - 69 Ave. & 20A St. S.E.
- Mount Pleasant Outdoor Pool - 2310 6 St. N.W.
- Silver Springs Outdoor Pool - Silverridge Cl. & Silverridge Dr. N.W.
- South Calgary Outdoor Pool - 3130 16 St. S.W.
- Stanley Park Outdoor Pool - 4011 1A St. S.W.
Aquatic wheelchairs are now available in spray parks at Prairie Winds Park, Riley Park, Bowness Park and Variety Park in South Glenmore Park. These wheelchairs will be available until the spray park closes this fall (weather dependent). Visitors can sign out the wheelchair, upon availability, by approaching the attendant on site at the park.
Visitors are welcome to use the wheelchair for as long as they require; no deposit is required. Please be respectful if there are others waiting to use the wheelchair. While visitors are using aquatic wheelchairs, they can choose to keep their personal chair in the spray park storage area or keep their chair with them.
This is a pilot project to look at and evaluate opportunities to improve accessibility features in parks across the city. Thank you to Variety – the Children’s Charity of Alberta for their assistance in determining the type of chairs to purchase.