Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge
The Rocky Ridge recreation facility opened to the public on January 15, 2018.
The recreation facility operates as the Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge and is located at11300 Rocky Ridge Rd. N.W.
The facility sits in a natural park with views of the city and mountains, tucked between an existing hill that reaches Calgary’s highest natural elevation and a reconstructed wetland. The building, which is approximately 284,000 square feet in size, is designed to complement the surrounding landscape. Construction of the facility began in 2014.
This facility is the third of four new recreation facilities to be completed in across Calgary - a total investment of $480 million. The new facilities respond to a need for increased service in these areas and are designed to meet the specific needs of the surrounding communities.
Teams, individuals and families of all ages and abilities are invited to enjoy this unique outdoor and indoor recreation experience. For more information, visit YMCA Calgary.
- 25-metre, 8 lane competition pool
- Spectator viewing area
- Leisure pool with a wave system and waterslide
- Hot tub and steam room
- 1 multi-purpose ice rink
- 1 leisure ice surface
- 3 full gymnasiums with multi-purpose flooring
- Fitness centre with cardio and strength training equipment
- Fitness/aerobics studios
- 160-metre running/walking track
- Large and small rooms for use as studios, classrooms and meeting spaces
- 3,000 sq. ft. library with access to print and digital materials, hold pick up, public seating and study space
- Art making, studio and gallery space
- 217-seat theatre
- Food service
- Physiotherapy/medical clinic
- Outdoor basketball court
- Pathways and nature trails/interpretative
- Outdoor play structures (coming soon)
- Skateboard park (coming soon)
See the Rocky Ridge facility design.
YMCA Calgary (operator)
This City-owned facility is operated by YMCA Calgary as part of a shared commitment to provide quality health and recreation opportunities for Calgarians. YMCA Calgary provides opportunities for ongoing collaboration and engagement to ensure the service model is responsive to community needs. For more information, visit YMCA Calgary.
Calgary Public Library
The Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge includes a 3,000 square foot open concept public library focused on accessibility and convenience. Visitors will have access to print and digital materials, hold pick up, public seating and study space. The self-service model makes this the first library of its kind in Calgary. To learn more, visit the Calgary Public Library.