Rose Kohn/Jimmie Condon Arena Upgrades
Upgrades and renovations to the building included:
- Replacement and expansion of the Jimmie Condon arena ice slab to NHL dimensions
- Replacement of the two existing refrigeration systems with a single refrigeration system to increase energy efficiency
- Renovation of existing change rooms to a barrier-free format
- Addition of new public washrooms
- Addition of a multipurpose room and meeting rooms
- Upgrades to the front entrance
- Increased spectator seating to over 240 seats
- Integrated energy efficient lighting & equipment
- Mechanical and HVAC upgrades
- Repainting the facility interior and exterior
- Flooring improvements
- Accessibility improvements
This project generated approximately 49 full-time jobs and contributed nearly $7 million to the GDP1.
$12.5 million was invested into this project.
- January 2021, Construction began.
- December 2021, Construction completed. Ice preparation began.
- January 2022, Ice preparation completed. Arenas reopened to customers.
1Based on estimates from Infrastructure Calgary’s economic impact assessment model