Rose Kohn/Jimmie Condon Arena Upgrades
Upgrades and renovations to the building will include:
- Replacement and expansion of the Jimmie Condon arena ice slab to NHL-size dimensions.
- Replacement of the two existing refrigeration systems with a single refrigeration system to improve energy efficiency and safety.
- Renovation of existing change rooms to barrier-free format and addition of 3 barrier-free change rooms
- Conversion of washrooms to universal washrooms
- Upgrades to the front entrance
- Increased spectator seating
- Improved energy efficient lighting & equipment
- Repainting the facility interior and exterior
- Flooring improvements
- Accessibility improvements
The total project cost for the facility upgrade project is estimated at approximately $9.1 million. Based on Infrastructure Calgary’s economic impact assessment model, the capital investment in this project will contribute nearly $7 million to the GDP and generate 49 full-time equivalent jobs.
Timing and impact
Construction will begin in Q1 2021. The upgraded facility is anticipated to be completed by November 2021.
The contractor will adhere to The City’s Community Standards Bylaw, 5M2004 for hours of operation, material storage and construction best practices, including dust mitigation. If you have questions, contact 311.