Accessible meetings and events
We’re committed to giving all citizens the opportunity to participate and contribute in City-hosted events and meetings.
How to request ASL, captioning and other alternative communications services
If you’d like to inquire about the accessibility of a specific City event or request a service like sign language, captioning or alternative formats so you can participate, contact 311. See our list of accessible services.
Check out the Events Calendar for eligible events
Our Events Calendar lists the eligible events and meetings for accessible services and include a link to 311:
- City of Calgary meetings, including Council, Committees, Boards, Commissions and public hearings
- Engagement workshops and sessions, including open houses operated by The City of Calgary
Note: Many community events and festivals/major events are managed by other organizations. Please contact the host organization directly to inquire about the event’s accessibility or to request a service.
City-hosted events with sign language and live captioning
We also offer American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation and live captioning at major civic events held at Municipal Hall, Municipal Plaza, or Olympic Plaza. These events include:
- New Year’s Eve celebrations
- Family Day
- City of Calgary Canada Day celebrations
- Remembrance Day
- Olympic and Paralympic celebrations
- Major civic celebrations like the Royal Visit, Stampeder Rally