Shaping future development
The City of Calgary partners with industry on events to shape and guide long-term economic, environmental and social development in Calgary.
Industry events provide a chance to share lessons learned, present innovative ideas, strive for sustainability, relationship-build, and tackle challenges together. The City participates in regular liaison meetings with the Calgary Construction Association, the Consulting Engineers of Alberta (with involvement from the Consulting Architects of Alberta), and the Alberta Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association. In addition, special industry partnering events are done ad hoc.
Previous Industry Events
September 29, 2020: Vancouver Sustainability Initiatives
The City of Calgary and Calgary Construction Association facilitated a discussion on sustainability, climate change and high-performance buildings and the role of cities – both Administration and the Industry that serves them. For twenty years, the stats have remained largely unchanged and the opportunity for positive impact is high. The desire, skill and technologies exist to deliver high performance zero footprint buildings, yet the bar isn’t raised beyond basic LEED standards. With the challenge to reduce our environmental impact, how do municipalities and industry come together to address the opportunity and accelerate progress towards sustainability?
Presenter: Sean Pander, Green Building Program Manager for the City of Vancouver
June 18, 2020: The City of Calgary Sustainable Building Policy Update
The City of Calgary recently updated our Sustainable Building Policy. Key changes to the policy include the utilization of performance metrics rather than building certifications to outline requirements and expectations. The presentation highlighted how the Sustainable Building Policy aligns to other City of Calgary policies. Subject matter experts were available to present the updates to the policy and to field any questions from industry on how the requirements can be applied to projects.
Presenters: Arsheel Hirji, Leader Sustainable Infrastructure, Corporate Engineering & Energy; Dick Ebersohn, Manager Climate Change and Environment, Environmental Safety Management; Brit Samborsky, Climate Mitigation Leader, Environmental Safety Management; Christa Seepish, Building Infrastructure Project Manager, Facility Management; and Justin Pockar, Energy Code Specialist, Planning & Development
Public Partner Presentations
- Partnering With Industry 2020 Presentation - Calgary Airport (11MB)
- Partnering With Industry 2020 Presentation - U of C (3MB)
- Partnering With Industry 2020 Presentation -City of Airdrie (2MB)
- Partnering With Industry 2020 Presentation -CMLC (5MB)
- Partnering With Industry 2020 Presentation - Minister Of Infrastructure (182KB)
The City of Calgary Presentations
- Partnering With Industry 2020 - A City that Moves (1.3MB)
- Partnering With Industry 2020 - A Healthy and Green City (1.8MB)
- Partnering With Industry 2020 - A Prosperous City (2.2MB)
- Partnering With Industry 2020 -City Manager (1.2MB)
- Partnering With Industry 2020 -City of Safe Inspiring Neighbourhoods (1.1MB)
Overview of Benefit Driven Procurement: Dispelling the Myths